If you have a damaged tooth, it can become more susceptible to decay. A dental crown is a porcelain or gold sleeve fitted over the damaged tooth to restore its original structure and function so you can chew, eat and smile as normal.
At Mitcham Dental Clinic we use cutting edge technology that can help make your crown appear to be part of your own tooth structure. Alternatively, you may need a bridge to help you touch up your smile. A bridge may be used if a single tooth or adjacent teeth are missing, or if the teeth on either side of the space are badly broken or heavily worn down.
What are the benefits of dental crowns?
- Increase the strength of a tooth.
- Restore tooth function.
- Prevent further erosion or breakage.
- Enhance the aesthetics of a tooth.
A dental bridge is essentially a series of artificial teeth or one false tooth which is made of porcelain to replace missing teeth. A bridge can also be affixed to two artificial teeth on its side, so these outer artificial teeth can be fitted over the remaining natural teeth and render the vacant space.
Dental bridges serve to restore the aesthetics and function of your smile and can provide patients with the following benefits:
- Replace missing teeth so you can smile and speak confidently.
- Dental bridges look natural so your smile will look authentic.
- Prevents remaining teeth from moving.
- Reduces the risk of bone loss.